Dutch group Animal Rights said that 12 rhesus monkeys were subjected to horrifying tests for Alzheimer’s testing. Activist Jen Hochmuth, with the group, called the testing, “useless and cruel experiments that only serve to satisfy the curiosity of scientists lacking compassion. The brain experiments on monkeys are not a necessary evil but plain evil.”
The group explained the painful experiments, “In order to be able to measure their brain activity, all test monkeys are made “ready for use”. Electrodes are implanted into the brain via boreholes in their skulls. Cement is used to attach a fixation rod or “hat” to the skull. This rod serves to fix the head of the monkeys during later brain measurements. The animals have to go through heavy training programmes for months and are put on strict water diets to force them to cooperate with the researchers.”
The university said the tests are necessary. See photos of the treatment, below:
Animal testing is a useless and unethical part of scientific research, the testing is found to be ineffective, as 95% of drugs that pass animal tests fail on humans. Numerous companies are standing up against animal testing and recently the USDA made a decision to eliminate some mammalian testing by 2025 but there’s more to be done and it’s time countries ban animal experimentation all together as it hurts humans as well.
Sign this petition to tell the National Insititute of Health to stop funding animal testing!
- Primates Imported to the UK for Lab Testing Tripled Over the Past Year
- Little Boy Hugs Former Lab Beagle So He Knows a Life of Testing is Over for Good
- Rabbit Rescued From Lab Where Vet Techs Injected Him Constantly
- Photo Reveals a Horrific Day in the Life of a Lab Beagle – Here’s What We Can Do to Help
- Veterans Affairs Under Fire For Spending Over $8 Million in Taxpayer Money on Horrific Cat Experiments for Medical Research
- Stop Horrifying Lab Experiments that Damage Monkey Brains With Acid
- Heartwarming Video of Chimpanzees Enjoying their New Sanctuary Home After Decades of Being Used for Experimentation
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!