A puppy with three paws has found a new home with a Minnesota boy with a prosthetic leg, CBS Minnesota reported. Marvel the puppy was born without a paw and has since been made part of Paxton Williams’ family in Minnesota. Paxton’s right leg was amputated three years ago.
Rolling Oaks Goldens breeder Barb Felt met Paxton through his occupational therapist. Felt knew that Marvel would have an important job, “When she was born, we knew right away she had a special purpose,” Felt said. “We wanted her to go in a home with someone who had a limb difference.”
Paxton’s mom Stephanie said that Marvel helps Paxton normalize his prosthetic leg. “It gives him the opportunity to tell the kids, ‘Oh, she’s missing a paw, she’s like me,'” the mom explained. “And like it gives him that voice, too, to advocate for himself.”
Dad Blaine said it’s very special to see Paxton and Marvel play together.
“It’s like they knew they were special,” Blaine said, “The amount of emotions that were running through me at the time,” he continued. “It was just awesome because it was knowing that she was in the perfect place at the perfect time.”
- Boy and Dog with “Superpowers” Paired in Heart Warming Adoption Story
- Disabled Goldfish Gets Life Jacket to Help Him Swim!
- Selfless People Help Abandoned Horse Get a Prosthetic Leg – Watch to See Her Learn to Walk!
- Three-Legged Kitten Rescued on the Day He Was Supposed to Be Euthanized [Video]
- Tiny Tortoise Unable to Walk Gets Some Wheels! [Video]
- Derby the Two-Legged Dog Gets a New Set of Prosthetics – Now He’s Ready to Take on the World (VIDEO)
- Three-Legged Dog Rescued From Greece Gets a Prosthetic Limb Thanks to the Generosity Strangers
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!