This baked apple cinnamon steel cut oats is super easy to prepare and you only need ONE BOWL for that! All you need to do is to mix everything in a bowl, pour it into a baking tray and bake. Then you can already make a hearty, nutritious and delicious breakfast that serves 4 people.
1-Bowl Baked Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats [Vegan]
- 1 cup gluten free steel-cut oats
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (optional)*
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp chia seeds + 3 Tbsp water)
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup dried fruits (here I used mulberries and dried apricots)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 356°F
- In a large mixing bowl, add everything except almond milk, apples and dried fruits. Stir and mix until everything combined together.
- Now add the almond milk, apples and your choice of dried fruits, stir again until the apples and dried fruits are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray (mine is 10.5″ x 7″) and bake for 50 minutes or until the surface has become golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool for a bit before serving. You can keep the rest of the oats in an airtight container and place it inside the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy it cold or warm it on the stove top!
feel free to add your choice of sweetener if you prefer a sweeter breakfast.