A delicious topping to toast, porridge, muesli and desserts. With vibrant flavour from the grapes and texture from the chia seeds, this jam is a winner! A really simple and delicious alternative to regular sugar laden conventional jam.
Apple Chia Jam [Vegan]
- 3 1/2 Cups fresh Red/Purple Grapes (preferably seedless)
- 1 Large Apple (De-cored, peeled and grated)
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 4 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 2-4 tablespoons Rice Malt Syrup (Depending on how sweet you want it)
- In a medium pot, lightly saute the grated apple on a medium heat until they reduce and their own juices begin to form.
- Pluck the grapes off their stalks and chop in half. Add them to the pot and allow to reduce.
- Add the lemon juice and rice malt syrup. Continue to let the mixture reduce until all the grape have broken down.
- Add the chia seeds and remove from the heat. Stir them into the grape apple mixture and allow to sit for about 10 mins, stirring occasionally. They'll begin to swell and absorb any excess moisture.
- Eventually you'll be left with a beautiful thick jam like consistency.
- Store in an airtight glass jar in the fridge. It should last around a week or so.