Baked apple cider donuts are a moist, healthy and flavorful breakfast or dessert. These gluten free donuts are made with oat flour, apple cider, and cinnamon and come together quickly for an easy treat any time of day!
These Pretty Apple Cider Donuts are Baked and Vegan!
- 2.75 cups rolled oats or 2.75 cups oat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup apple cider plus more for brushing
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, or applesauce for oil free
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar optional, for coating
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil a donut pan if not using a non-stick pan. Set aside.
- Make oat flour: add oats to a blender, turn on high and process until a fine powder forms. This will take 3-5 minutes depending on your blender. Alternatively you can use oat flour.
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the apple cider, milk, maple syrup and oil or applesauce to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Whisk to combine until no floury bits remain. The batter will be really thin at this point. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes to allow the batter to thicken slightly.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan, taking care not to fill over the hole post in the center. Wipe away any batter that may have dripped on the surface of the pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the donut springs back when pressed lightly with your finger. If an indent remains bake another 1-2 minutes.
- Move the donuts to a wire rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes, then turn them upside down and bang the pan to pop the donuts out. If they don’t come out on their own , run a knife around the edge of each donut and try again. Allow the donuts to cool completely on the wire rack.
- Optional step: When donuts are cooled completely, add a small amount of apple cider to a dish and spread granulated sugar on a small plate. Brush the top of a donut with apple cider and then gently place, brushed side down, in the sugar. Remove and place back on the cooling rack. Repeat with remaining donuts. Enjoy!