Satisfy your urge and avoid buying processed potato chips by making these Baked & Crispy Sweet Potato Chips yourself. Making your own baked sweet potato chips at home is so much healthier since you know what it is exactly in them. You don’t have to worry about them having high amounts of salt or any questionable ingredients. The key to baking crispy potatoes is using a perforated baking sheet. The holes in the sheet allows the heat to reach all sides of the potato at the same time resulting in a crispier texture. If you don’t have a perforated baking sheet you can put a cooling rack inside a baking sheet and place the potato slices on top of the cooling rack. If you’re looking for an all natural and fresh snack for you and your friends to enjoy then try this recipe for baked sweet potato chips. They're crispy, oven-baked, low in sodium, and full of flavor!
Baked & Crispy Sweet Potato Chips [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- With the skin on, slice the sweet potatoes into thin round slices about 1/8 inch thick. It is recommended that you use a mandoline to slice the potatoes instead of a knife since all of the slices will be cut evenly.
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl. Add olive oil and toss until all of the pieces are evenly coated.
- Put the potato slices on a large perforated baking sheet in a single layer. You can also use a baking sheet with a cooling rack in the baking sheet as well. Either way you need to allow the heat to get to the bottom of the potato slices so they come out crispy. Do not place slices on top of each other. You may need several baking sheets to accommodate all of the potato slices or bake all of the potato slices in batches.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes flipping the slices and rotating the baking sheet after 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle some salt over the chips. Let cool for 10-15 minutes until they are crisp. Serve with some dip (optional).
- Sweet Potato