This is the kind of dish that everyone should know — baked tofu with seasonal vegetables. Here, the tofu is marinated in a sauce made from mustard, savory herbs, and olive oil. It is paired with potatoes, carrots, and Brussels sprouts, but they can all easily be swapped out for fresh, seasonal produce. This one-pan dish is easy to master and satisfying every time.
Baked Marinated Tofu With Vegetables [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Tofu:
- 2-3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- A pinch of rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried tomato
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 14-ounce block tofu
For the Vegetables:
- Brussels sprouts
- In a flat dish, mix the ingredients for the marinade. Add salt, to taste.
- Dry tofu with a clean kitchen towel and cut into about 1/3-inch slices. Set tofu in the dish and let marinate for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 355°F. Prepare a baking pan. Wash all vegetables, then peel carrots and potatoes. Cube the vegetables, then spread them out in the baking dish. Sprinkle with olive oil and salt — you can add lemon slices, too.
- Lay the tofu flat among the vegetables. Bake for 30 minutes for about 30 minutes.