This black rice pudding is perfect for people who don’t bother making an effort to make breakfast in the morning. You can cook a large batch in advance and keep it in the fridge for 3-4 days. Or you can also have it as a breakfast on the go on those busy days.
Black Rice Pudding (Vegan, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-Free)
- 1/2 cup black rice
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 7/8 cup of almond milk
- 1 zucchini (shredded)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tonka bean (optional but recommended)=
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Prepare this the night before you wish to have this. Shred the zucchini and squeeze as much water as you can from them.
- Mix everything in an oven safe pot and place the pot into the slow cooker.
- Slowly pour water into the bottom of the slow cooker until its level is about 1 inch below the top of the pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Stir before serving.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.