These spiced-up little bites are seriously my kinda candy. Trust me, they are nothing like the overcooked mushy green balls you grew up eating!
Buffalo Brussels Sprouts [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons Frank’s RedHot Original hot sauce or hot sauce of choice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sugar-free monk fruit sweetener (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric plus pinch of black pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound of brussels sprout, washed, trimmed and cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400F and line one or two baking sheets with parchment.
- Put hot sauce, nutritional yeast, avocado oil, arrowroot starch, sweetener, turmeric, pepper, and salt into a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Spread brussels sprouts evenly on the prepared baking sheets (don't crowd or they won’t get as crispy!) and roast for approximately 30 to 35 minutes, turning halfway, or until desired consistency achieved.
Buffalo Brussels can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days. Reheat in the oven before serving or enjoy them cold on salad!
- Brussels Sprouts