These Homemade Sugar Free Vegan Caramel Brownies are truly irresistible during this season. They are soft, rich, and dangerously full of chocolate-caramel flavor, all with no added sugar. These beauties are sure to melt-in-your-mouth and are made entirely with all vegan ingredients and whipped together literally in minute.
Caramel Brownies [Vegan, Sugar Free]
- 1 cup organic All-purpose flour (See Notes!)
- 1 cup organic erythritol
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons espresso dissolving powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 8 tablespoons WARM water (This makes 4 'Flax Eggs')
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Almond milk + 2 tablespoons!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ChocolateSalted Caramel Flavor Baking Chips, Sugar-Free
- 1/2 Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F and grease a square 8 x 8 baking pan with vegan butter and line with parchment paper.
- Begin by adding the flaxseed meal + water to a small bowl, stirring until combined and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes until it thickens and looks “paste-like”. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter and erythritol together, whisking until combined and wet looking.
- Add in the flaxseed meal mixture, milk, and vanilla, whisking to combine.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder, mixing everything together with a spatula or wooden spoon, until fully combined. **NOTE: Batter will be thick and pretty wet. That’s PERFECT.**
- Finally, add in the salted caramel chocolate chips and fold them in gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and gently and evenly spread and press it into place. Add the chopped chocolate and slightly press them into the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center comes out "mostly clean".
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 20 minutes or so before lifting brownies out from the pan.
- Once fully removed, let the brownies cool for another 10-15minutes before slicing into squares.
- Bon Appetit!
Keep leftover brownies in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 days at room temp. You can refrigerate them for up to 5 days. You can make these brownies GF by substituting the flour with 1-to-1 baking flour blend by Bob's Red Mill and reducing the Almond milk to 1/3 cup and the vegan butter to 1/3 cup. If preferred, you can always substitute the vegan butter with coconut oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil. You can substitute chocolate chips with chopped vegan chocolate, if desired as well.