An easy dessert that everyone will love. Add fresh strawberries, blueberries or banana. These will be gone in 60 seconds!
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup almond, soy or rice milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 360ºF
- In a bowl mix the coconut oil, vegan butter and sugars until well combined.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla essence.
- Next stir in the flour, bicarb soda and baking powder to form a cookie dough (which you can eat, by the way, as there is no raw egg in it!)
- Add the chocolate chips and lightly mix.
- Place tablespoons of mix on a greased and lined tray and flatten. You can make them as large or small as you like.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until light brown and then cool completely before assembling your ice cream sandwich.
- Once cool place a tablespoon of ice cream in between 2 cookies and join together. Add fresh fruit to serve.