The pumpkin adds a creamy sweetness to this curry and once you add all of those aromatic Thai spices, let’s just say you’ll fall in love with it.
Creamy One-Pot Pumpkin Curry [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 cup pumpkin, cubed
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup red peppers
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped (or 1 cup frozen)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons Red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon crushed chili peppers
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup of cashews
- Coriander, chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a large skillet to medium-low. Add olive oil, garlic, and ginger and fry for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Then, add your pumpkin, carrots, cauliflower floret, red peppers and fry for 5 minutes or until florets start to tenderize.
- Throw in your spinach, pumpkin puree, coconut milk, curry paste, cashews and chili flakes. Simmer for 15 minutes till vegetables are tender. If it looks too thick add a little water until you have the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice and garnish with extra chili flakes and coriander.