Could these burgers be any easier to make? These falafel burgers get their heat from fresh Thai chilis and the spiciness is balanced with cool cilantro. As they bake, they get crispy like a falafel, giving you that perfect crunch when sandwiched between a soft burger bun with all the trimmings.
Easy Spicy Falafel Patties [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and air-dried
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 Thai chilis, minced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, lightly packed
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon of coconut, avocado, or olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and line your baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat. In your food processor pulse the chickpeas, garlic, and cilantro.
- Then, add your seasonings through oil and pulse several more times.
- Scoop out the blend and make a flat burger-like patty and place on your baking sheet. Repeat and then bake for 16 minutes. Flip and then bake for an additional 12 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately or package up to refrigerate or freeze.