An easy vegan tiramisu using panettone and homemade vegan mascarpone cheese. This recipe is quite simple and so delicious! You will definitely impress vegans and non-vegans alike with this vegan tiramisu!
Easy Vegan Tiramisu with Panettone [Vegan]
For the Tiramisu:
- 17.65 ounces vegan panettone* (sliced into 1 cm thick) (or substitute with vegan sponge cake or vegan ladyfingers)
- 1/3 cup strong coffee/espresso (I brewed mine using Life Extension’s Rainforest blend)
For the Vegan Mascarpone Cheese:
- 7 ounces silken tofu
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese (use any kind of vegan cream cheese you can find)
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked overnight in cold water or 30 mins in boiling water)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup aquafaba (or any plant milk)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1/2 tablespoon psyllium husk
For the Topping:
- Cacao powder for dusting
- Cacao nibs
- Shaved dark chocolate
- First, prepare the mascarpone cheese by placing all ingredients except aquafaba/plant milk and psyllium husk in a high-speed blender, then blend until the mixture is super smooth. If you are using silken tofu, you may not need to add more liquid. However, if your tofu is on the firmer side, you should add 1/4 – 1/3 cup of aquafaba while blending. The consistency of the mixture after blending should be between yogurt and milk.
- Once the desired consistency is achieved, add 1/2 tablespoon psyllium husk to the mixture. Blend again until the psyllium husk is incorporated into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a container and place it in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Once the mascarpone cheese is ready. Slice the panettone into 1 cm slices.
- Place the panettone slices evenly over the bottom of a glass baking tray.
- Brush the base layer of panettone with strong coffee/espresso.
- Cover the panettone layer with a layer of mascarpone cheese.
- Place another layer of panettone slices, brush them with coffee.
- Then, cover with mascarpone.
- Finally, dust with cacao powder, add a sprinkle of cacao nibs, and shaved dark chocolate.
- Cover well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.