This Jackfruit No-Tuna Melt is SO good warm and melty but is just as delicious served as a cold no-tuna salad sandwich
Jackfruit No-Tuna Melt [Vegan]
- 1 20oz Can of Jackfruit in Brine, not syrup
- 1/3 cup Celery, minced
- 1/3 cup Carrots, minced
- 3 tablespoons Red Onion
- 3 tablespoons Dill Pickles
- 1/3 cup Vegan Mayo
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Agave or Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kelp Granules, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp Salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, or more to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons Vegan Butter, for cooking
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil, for cooking
- Bread, I used a Country Loaf from my local bakery
- Vegan Cheese Slices, I used Cheddar
- Drain and rinse the can of jackfruit. Shred the jackfruit, removing hard core and seeds.
- Mince the celery, carrots, red onion, and pickles. Add chopped veggies to the jackfruit and stir to combine.
- Whisk together the vegan mayo, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, mustard, agave syrup, fresh dill, garlic, kelp granules, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Then, add the mixture to the jackfruit and stir until evenly combined.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat with 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil and 1/2 tbsp of Vegan Butter. Add more olive oil and butter in between sandwiches, if needed.
- Slice bread and place a large helping of jackfruit no-tuna on top and 1 slice of vegan cheese. Close the sandwich with another piece of bread and place in the pan.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. ***If vegan cheese doesn’t fully melt, remove top piece of bread and place the oven on broil. Heat the sandwich, cheese side up, until melted. Watch carefully.
- Serve and enjoy!