A lassi is a traditional drink in India. It is yogurt based and often has turmeric, rosewater, or saffron added to the mix. This recipe has some fresh ginger root added which gives this lassi a little spice! The combination of mango, fermented “yogurt” and ginger is a great way to boost the health of your digestive system.
Mango Ginger Lassi [Vegan]
- 1 cup plain, dairy-free yogurt of your choice (coconut, soy, milk)
- 1 1/4 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 inch chunk of fresh ginger root
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until creamy.