These oreo cookies are just like the real thing minus all the many chemicals. They are easy to make and so addicting!
Oreo Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup Organic All Purpose Flour unbleached
- 1/4 cup Dutch Process Cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Sea Salt pinch
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons Organic Confectioners Sugar
- 10 tablespoons Cold- Vegan Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup Organic Confectioners Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Vegan Butter
- First prepare the chocolate cookie dough by combining the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and confectioners sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend on low speed to combine, the add the diced cold vegan butter and continue blending on low to medium speed. It will seem that this is taking forever to come together and you will think there is something wrong with the recipe. Just wait. It may take 5 minutes or more
- It will eventually come together and at that point you can add the vanilla extract and blend on high for 10 seconds to incorporate well.
- Turn the very soft, sticky dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper (the plastic is way easier though) and then place another piece over top
- Roll to about 1/4-inch thickness as shown in the video.
- Cut the dough with a 1 3/4-inch cookie cutter (dip the cutter in flour to make sure they don't stick in your cutter) and place them spaced 1/2-inch apart on a parchment lined (or non stick) sheet pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack while you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the confectioners sugar and vegan butter and blend on low until it all starts coming together to a thick paste like dough.
- This will also seem to take forever but it will eventually come together after about 2-4 minutes.
- Exactly as you rolled the sticky cookie dough you will do the same for this filling. Between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper (trust me the plastic wrap is way easier!) and then cut out with the same cookie cutter (or slightly smaller if you prefer) dipped in a bit of confectioners sugar to make sure they don't stick
- Sandwich the filling with the cooled cookies and that's it!