This Italian classic is simple yet decadent, and the perfect solution to satisfy any sweet tooth. The texture is quite smooth and creamy and perfectly complements the plump raspberries served on top. For best results, be sure to use soy cooking cream, as opposed to soy whipping cream, as it is a better-suited variety for recipes that require heat.
Panna Cotta With Caramel Sauce [Vegan]
- 3 cups soy cooking cream (700 mL )
- 1 level teaspoon agar agar (2 g)
- 1 cup raw cane sugar (220 g)
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla
- 1 cup raspberries (100 g)
- Whisk 2 cups (500 mL) soy cream, 3 tablespoons (40 g) raw cane sugar, the agar agar, and ground vanilla in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan, carefully bring the mixture to a boil while stirring.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for five minutes.
- Pour the mixture immediately into eight heat-resistant custard cups (each should hold about ⅓ cup or 80 mL).
- Let cool in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and briefly dip the custard cups into hot water to loosen the panna cotta, enabling it to slide out from the cups and onto serving plates.
- Pour the remaining raw cane sugar in a skillet and caramelize over high heat while stirring to create caramel sauce
- Add ¾ cup (200 mL) soy cream and stir until the caramelized sugar dissolves.
- Pour over panna cotta and serve with raspberries.