Quinoa in salad is such a great and satisfying mixture! You can add in any vegetables that you have on hand, so it’s a great recipe to help clean out your fridge! Enjoy this dish as it's own meal, or serve alongside your favorite main course vegan dish!
Quinoa Salad with Turmeric Tahini Dressing [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, raw or gently steamed (depending on your preference)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon toasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried, sweetened cranberries
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions until all the water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy. Tip the quinoa into a bowl large enough to hold all the ingredients and set it aside to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooling, whisk together the salad dressing ingredients until emulsified.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients to the quinoa and mix well. Stir in the dressing and serve right away. If packing the salad in a lunchbox, store the dressing separately and mix before eating.