Sometimes you need to treat yourself to a little dessert. These dragon fruit swirl cheesecake bars are perfect for stashing in your freezer for whenever you get those cravings for something sweet! The crust of this cheesecake is a raw brownie base and the topping is a mix of dragon fruit and raspberry to give them a tropical feel — not to mention, a beautiful fuschia color!
Raw Dragon Fruit Cheesecake Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
10 large bars or 20 small bars
For the Brownie Base:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/4 cups Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
For the Dragonfruit Swirl:
- 1 cup chopped dragon fruit (see notes)
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (cream from the top of a can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Line an 8x8-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the walnuts, dates, cocoa powder, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until it forms a dough.
- Using your fingers or the back of a large spoon, press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- In a small saucepan, add the dragon fruit, raspberries, and maple syrup on medium heat stirring for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 5 minutes until the fruit breaks down into a syrup. Set aside.
- Blend the cashews, coconut cream, coconut oil, brown rice syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest together in the food processor until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the pan, spreading evenly.
- Next, add dollops of the dragon fruit sauce on top of the cheesecake mixture. Using a knife, begin to make "figure eights" or swirls through the cheesecake layer, until you achieve your desired marble look.
- Place in the freezer for 2-4 hours to firm up.
- Serve frozen or allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes for a softer texture.
If you cannot find dragonfruit you can simply replace with more raspberries or another fruit of your choice.