I always crave this spread when it is cold outside. I eat it with crackers or on whole wheat bread with sprouts.
Thai Bean Spread [Vegan]
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (optional)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari, more or less to taste
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 Thai red chili or 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine the garbanzo beans, almond butter, lime juice, and soy sauce in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into a mixing bowl; add the remaining ingredients and mix well.