Vanilla Overnight Oats and Maple Spiced Pears! Vegan, Gluten-free, and only takes 5 minutes to whip together while you allow let the refrigerator do the rest overnight. This recipe boasts of its creaminess, thickness from the thickly cut oats used, and generous vanilla + nutty flavors from the delicious almond butter marrying well with vanilla; which all create quite the experience in just one bowl.
Vanilla Overnight Oats and Maple Spiced Pears [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Oats:
- 1 cup Rolled oats, gluten-free
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Almond butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Agave
- 2-3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
For the Caramelized Maple Spiced Pears:
- 1 d'anjou or bartlett pear, peeled + sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon All spice
- handful toasted chopped pecans
- handful toasted chopped walnuts
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl, stirring until well combined.
- Tightly cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter and add pears, cooking them for 1-2 minutes while stirring until evenly coated. At this point, pears should be slightly tender.
- Add brown sugar, maple syrup, and spices, stirring to ensure that pears are evenly coated. Cook for 1-2 minutes until they begin to caramelize. Remove from heat.
- To serve (hot or cold), add oatmeal to individual bowls or jars and top with caramelized pears, then toasted pecans + walnuts, if desired.
- Bon Appetit!